WestJet is a Canadian low-cost airline that was founded in 1996. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, WestJet operated scheduled flights to over 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and Europe. However, please note that specific details about the current operations of WestJet may have changed since then.
Some key points about WestJet include:
1. Fleet: WestJet operates a fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft, including various models such as the 737-600, 737-700, 737-800, and 737 MAX. The airline has been a significant customer of Boeing and has placed substantial orders for their aircraft.
2. Hubs: WestJet's main hub is located at Calgary International Airport (YYC), with secondary hubs at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
3. Services: WestJet offers different classes of service, including Economy and Premium Economy on select routes. The airline focuses on providing affordable air travel options to its customers.
4. Loyalty Program: WestJet operates a frequent flyer program called WestJet Rewards. Members of the program can earn and redeem points for flights, vacation packages, seat upgrades, and other benefits.
5. Ownership: In December 2017, WestJet announced an agreement to be acquired by Onex Corporation, a private equity firm. The acquisition was completed in December 2019, making WestJet a privately-owned company.
Please keep in mind that the information provided above might be outdated, and it's always a good idea to visit WestJet's official website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding their services, destinations, and policies.
There are no reviews yet.